Leica Camera AG has announced the release of a new firmware update (version 2.0) for the Leica D-Lux 5. The firmware update can be downloaded, with an installation guide, from the Downloads area of the Leica D-Lux 5 page on the Leica Camera web site.
This new firmware offers D-Lux 5 users the following updates:
- Improved autofocus speed within the wide-angle range
- Simpler operation of fine adjustments in manual focusing mode
- Improved automatic white-balance precision in low light conditions
- High-ISO noise reduction at ISO 1600 and ISO 3200
- Incorporation of an ‘Active mode’, which reduces blur in movie recording when in motion
- A new ‘Miniature effect’ in the ‘My Colour Mode’ (available in photo and video modes)
- Improved AF/AE Lock with shutter button half depressed
- Long exposure time increased in manual mode from 60 to 250 seconds
- Addition of manual adjustment of the LCD monitor and external viewfinder to the camera settings menu
A detailed description of the new and improved functions will also be available at:
About the Leica D-Lux 5
The Leica D-Lux 5 (UK SRP £644 including VAT) is a high-performance compact digital camera with full creative control, offering a fast Leica DC Vario-Summicron 5.1 - 19.2mm f/2 - 3.3 ASPH. lens with a range of focal lengths equivalent to 24 to 90mm in 35mm format. Together with its comprehensive range of features and manual settings, the versatile D-Lux 5 offers a broad spectrum of photographic options – from macro and wide-angle architecture and landscape photography to reportage and portrait photography. Featuring a particularly large CCD for a compact camera, the D-Lux 5’s 1/1.63” sensor is finely tuned to produce the highest quality images from the Leica lens. Combined with the camera’s electronics and firmware, it guarantees brilliant high-contrast images with natural colour rendition and superb sharpness. Furthermore, the camera’s 1,280 x 720 pixel HD video function in memory-saving AVCHD-Lite format, and a full range of optional accessories, open up a world of photographic opportunities for the discerning photographer.
Notes to Editors
For further information in the UK, please contact Jenny Hodge at email@example.com or call 07920 291920.
Media Contacts for North America:
Evins Communications, Ltd.
212-377-3589 / firstname.lastname@example.org
212-377-3593 / email@example.com